Monday, August 20, 2012

My Take on Pavel's Departure from DragonDoor - plus a Short Snatch Session

I posted this on the private, RKC-only forum a day or two ago but I think bears repeating here:

Ladies and Gentlemen, Pavel and John have made an announcement to let us know a change is coming. This doesn't obligate each of us to offer an opinion. In another life, I had a business partner with whom, at one point, I had a profound difference of vision as to the future of our joint endeavor and we also elected to have an amicable parting of the ways. These things happen, the current RKC community has been informed that this one is going to happen, and the details relevant to each of us will, no doubt, become evident in the ensuing months. 

Our anxiety may make it difficult for us to sit silently as we watch two people who have been friends, business partners, and very important people in each of our lives dissolve their relationship and offer each of us different visions of where our individual futures under their leadership could be headed - but that's life, this is their issue first and foremost, not yours or mine, and we owe them the respect they both have earned by allowing them to complete this separation without a lot of noise from us. It is, at best, arrogant for any of us to think that something we have to say at this point will make a difference to Pavel and John. 

When a choice is to be made, a time that will come but clearly hasn't come yet, we need to continue to treat each other with kind of kindness and respect that John and Pavel have shown for each other and towards each of us over the years.

Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.


My practice for today - I had originally planned to try to improve on my 140 snatches in 11:45 from Friday, but after doing 64 snatches, I quit.  I did a lot yesterday, supposedly an easy/off day, including a bunch of extra assisted 1-arm pushups and jackknife pushups and the like because people started talking about all that at the dinner I was at.

Today, I'm tired.  My weight continues to drop slowly, about 1 lb. per week, and I was 151.8 this morning.  The snatch session just didn't feel good after about 5 minutes so it was time to make a decision I've been thinking about for a while - as I get to harder and harder snatch workouts, maybe the format should be one easy and one hard workout each week.

That's my plan for now, and we'll see how Friday's snatch session goes.  If I'm still tired, it may be that this week is backoff week for snatches - we'll just have to see.

Onward and Upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment