Friday, August 10, 2012

Snatches - All Nose Breathing

First, qigong on the front porch including 1 crane pistol each side.

Then my plan called for a new set of 8+8 snatches, 20 kg, every 1:15.

This time, I decided to strictly nose breath both in and out.  Here's what happened:

0:00 - 8L + 8R
1:15 - 8R + 8L - lost nose breathing on exhaled

Decided to take an extra full minute's rest

3:30 - 8L + 8R
4:45 - 8R + 8L - excellent, nose breathing throughout this time.

I knew, not having done these for over a week, that I'd have to back off, so I decided to learn something from the experience.  My form was much better when I kept the nose breathing both ways.  Also, I noticed there is a subtle shift in the spine when I switch hands and that doesn't always happen as it should.  Today, both times the right hand went second, it didn't feel great - things just weren't properly aligned.  Given that my right is usually my strongest side, I'm not troubled, but I need to keep trying to find a way to self-adjust my spine between hands - maybe just relax more into the first rep after each switch ...

long break, then toe touch stretches then

HLR to the side, first left and then right, one single each side is plenty for me right now - excellent result today, didn't have to let go of the bar and reset between the two sides, form/skill is definitely improving.

Onward and Upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment