Thursday, July 10, 2014

Inman Mile - progress! 7/10 mile in two "sets"

My best day yet.  Short warmup stretch.

70 lbs.

Made it two blocks further than my previous best first "set."   (For whatever reasons, my best set seems to always be my second or third.)  Covered a total of 7/10 mile in just 2 segments today - even a few days ago, I would have needed 4 segments to get that far and that was with a little less weight on the bar, albeit only 5 lbs.

I was off from Inman Mile training yesterday, just did some variety lifting, and that helped me today.   Might continue with every other day for a while, might also try two days on followed by one day off, and make the second training day heavy but short.

I added some pec/t-spine doorway stretches today - I think that helped.

The weather wasn't so brutal - that helped, too.

Trained on the streets and sidewalks near my house and that also helped - the track is brutally boring.

-S-


No comments:

Post a Comment