Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Bent Press and Snatch

Today, a lot of floor work stretching including bw-only getups to the hand.

Bent Press - triples w/ empty 30 lb. bar, still looking for the right groove on my left side especially

3, 3

+ 5 on the bar, 3

+ 5 more on the bar (40 total), 3

12 reps total, only 40 lbs max but it feels like progress and I feel like I'm finding some form.

I guess it's time to say that my front squat and bench press cycle is over.  I will return to that again in the future but, for now, this 2-lift program (barbell bent press and kettlebell snatch) is doing wonders for my posture, flexibility, grip, and conditioning.

18: snatch, 10L + 10R + 10L + 10R in 2:15.  Purposely slower than last time, also did 10's to try to "share" the issue of proper hard style technique when fatigued between my two hands/sides.  Also trying to get a better lockout position on my right side - what I'm doing is perfectly legal but I have better in me and really want to be "resting on a column of bones" in the top position, which means a little more chest open, shoulder back, and elbow really locked out than I tend to do on that side.

Onward and Upward




No comments:

Post a Comment