Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Week 3, Day 1, FSQ 160 x 8 reps x 3 sets

I took off Sunday and Monday - was tired after Saturday's 155 lb x 8 reps x 3 sets, and when I considered lifting on Monday, I found myself debating whether I should lift or take a nap - when that's the choice, the nap wins for me.

I did do some pistols and 2-step 1-arm pushups during those two days, however, just no weights.  I also walked about 3 miles Monday and 2 miles on Sunday.

Today, Tuesday, I forgot about my bodyweight stuff and did FSQ: 135 x 3, but then I went out onto the front porch and did:

pistol - lf, failed once each side at the bottom

pistol - hold toe with both hands, lf, 2

2-step 1A2L pushup, rf, 2

pistol - no toe hold, lf, 2 but not nearly as deep as we'd been doing

2-step 1A2L pushup, rf, 1

Back to FSQ:

160 x 8 - f@#$in' A, yeah!, x 8 - yes again, a little slower but still solid, x 8

http://youtu.be/TTiJgTvTuT0

Interesting today - before first set of 160, I did what I needed, which found me relaxing and my breathing rate slowed way down.  Then I opened my eyes, stepped under the bar, and got the job done.  Previous best FSQs are 165 x 5, 180 x 3, and 185 x 2.  I think 165 x 8 is looking good for tomorrow or Thursday

20: 1-hand swing, lf, 30 swings switching every 5, took about 1 min

WHEEL: standing, 4th step, 2, 2

Onward and Upward

No comments:

Post a Comment