Friday, November 16, 2012

Cutting Weight, Planned 1st and 2nd Attempts for Sunday


My news today is about cutting weight for a competition in a safe, effective, not miserably unpleasant manner through diet and herbal formulations that are intended to help you shed water weight.

I weighed 150.8 lbs. this morning, right on schedule to weigh-in at just under 149 on Saturday at 6 PM.  Yesterday, Thursday, I was still 152 even, as I was the day before.

Cutting weight for a meet is one of those things where you wake up every morning and hope the bathroom scale is going to show you the number you need.  My number was 151 today so I'm happy.  Yesterday was the first day this week that I didn't have 2 chocolate chip cookies for dessert after dinner- you can't really complain too much if cutting weight only involves that.  (I baked them from scratch on Sunday so I get to eat some of them, right?) I was 153.2 on Monday morning which is my usual weight.

The other thing I do is take a herbal diuretic which helps shed a pound or two of water weight.  The product I use is MHP Xpel.  You can see the ingredient list on bodybuilding.com but I usually buy mine locally at Vitamin Shoppe.

Xpel is nice stuff to have around, useful if you're retaining water that you need to get rid of for whatever reason, e.g., I have used it if I get allergy-related dizziness.  I would not, however, stay on this for any length of time.  The general recommendation is that you can take an entire bottle of the stuff, which is 10 days worth if you follow package directions.

And speaking of package directions, if you are my size - 150 lbs. - you may find that the recommended dose is too much.  I don't take 4 morning and 4 evening as recommended, I do 3 and 3.  The extra started to make me feel weird and didn't do anything additional for my water retention.  This week, I took 1 and 1 on Tuesday, 2 and 2 on Wednesday, and 3 and 3 Thursday, which was yesterday.  My last dose will be Saturday morning.

Wish me white lights.  Planned first two attempts, all in pounds: SQ: 200, 215.  BP: 170, 180.  DL: 315, 335.  Weigh-in is Saturday between 5 and 6:30 PM, lifting is all day Sunday - this was originally supposed to be a 2-day meet but got changed to a single day due to low sign-ups.  That means it'll probably be a long day.

Today, I'll walk a bit and stretch a bit, might even do some back squats @ 135 and/or DL's @ 225 just to stay loose - we'll see.

Onward and Upward

No comments:

Post a Comment