Monday, January 12, 2015

12 kg presses from getup, 16 kg snatch

Took off Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  Very busy here, had to be at my wife's school twice on Friday, had an all-day rehearsal on Saturday, taught two students on Sunday.  Managed to get in a walk on Friday, and Saturday, and Sunday, though - a very good thing, that.

Today, Monday:

With a 12 kg, did press doubles from various positions of the getup - floor, elbow, hand, and whatever you call the position after the sweep, with your hand still on the ground.  Tough to push into the down elbow with a weight overhead, even 12 kg, because that's what hurts - allowed myself to push hard and felt the pain today, nothing earth-shattering, but a good clue for me.  Now will try some more t-spine and shoulder mobility work and see if I can find a position in which the down shoulder doesn't hurt.  Odds are 50/50, says me.

16 kg: snatch:

10L+10R+10L+10R in 2:30 - right side scapula doesn't like to move, me thinks, on backswing.  Will try to do better on next set.

rest

22L + 22R in 2:00 - that would be about 110 in 5:00.  Nasal breathing in and out on all reps save a few, fixed it when I noticed it.

rest

24L + 24R in 2:00 - I "kya" on the second side sometimes but still inhale through my nose.

130 reps total today

No comments:

Post a Comment