Friday, October 5, 2012

Variety - One-Arm, One-Leg Pushup Supports

An interesting variety day - did some yard work, walked into town for some errands.

Tried holding the support (top) position of a one-arm, one-leg pushup for a little time today - a fascinating thing happened.  While on my first side, which was left hand and right foot, all sorts of things went pop and click, a free chiropractic session, brought on by necessity - I tightened everything, and my body needed to realign itself.  This is, not coincidentally, the combination with which I have trouble in my getups, pushing through my left elbow and my right foot.

On the other side, no realignment, no drama at all.

In other words, what I did was like a plank, but with straight arms, but with only one arm and one leg.  It's a cool, useful exercise, could be held for time, and should help my eventual one-arm, one-leg pushups.

Also did a few pistols on the front porch.

My next planned heavy lifting day is Sunday in order to get 2 off days after yesterday but I'm feeling well rested and might lift tomorrow instead.  It'll be my first DL doubles.

Onward and Upward

No comments:

Post a Comment