Saturday, October 20, 2012

Kettlebell See-Saw Press

Today I had 60 seconds to lift - really, that was it - behind schedule, had hours of driving ahead of me and my wife already impatient with me.  What to do?

2 x 24 kg bells - clean, see-saw press.  Totaled 10 reps (5 reps each side).  A perfect short workout that provides a lot of things, including some loaded mobility work as you shift under the load.

Tip: Keep your glutes tight during any two-bell overhead work, including this one.  You want to move under the weights a little but you don't want the motion to come from your lumbar spine, and clenching your butt will help make sure that what's supposed to move moves and what's not supposed to move stays put.

Stretched as I could at breaks during all the driving today.

Tomorrow, it'll either be a Bench/DL workout or a mini-meet or somewhere in between.

Onward and Upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment