Monday, October 1, 2012

KB Press and Barbell DL - and I can't count


Dog tired after 3 days teaching at the Philly RKC but having at it today, anyway.


KB Press:

Decided to warmup with 18 kg x 5 each side instead of 20 kg - why not, it's just a warmup, anyway.

24 kg x 1

28 kg x 1 - been doing doubles at this weight but not liking my form for the second rep, and this isn't my focus now, anyway - perhaps I'll go for reps @ 28 kg or a single at 32 kg when the WNPF World's meet is over - would make a nice focus for a 13-week cycle.


Short walk to do some errands and loosen up the back


DL: - found out last week's 305 x 3 turned out to be 297.5 x 3 - damn!  Will pull 315 x 3 today, anyway

225 x 3 overhand

275 x 1 right under

295 x 1 right under

315 x 3 left under, video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBdAVa4pufs


Swing:  40 kg, 2-handed

5 reps, 1 breath
10 reps, 3 breaths
15 reps, done

Onward and Upward

2 comments:

  1. steve,

    why do you start so far away from the bar and then, as you start, move into the tension as you shift forward? it seems like you lose a lot of linkage on the start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really have an answer, Rif. I've only been training my DL since Sept. 12 - before that, it was a few pulls before a meet in July, and before that it was 6 or 7 years. Maybe some of it is just the rust in the system.

      I just watched the video again and remembered one thing - when I used to set up closer, the bar would move away from me as it broke from the floor, and I had to figure out _some_ way to get that not to happen - setting up further away seems to be what I did.

      Truth be told, I'm not thinking about much except bending down, checking my foot and hand placement, pressurizing my middle, and driving my heels through the ground. I should try setting up a little closer.

      Delete