Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Variety Day, Last SQ Day Before Meet

Tuesday - variety day, walked to run some errands, did some nice stretching

Wednesday - was going to be SQ/BP day but I found having spotters for my BP really helped my confidence last weekend so I'm going to SQ only today, and will get more BP in at my mini-meet on Sunday.

warmup - short walk, general stretching, OHS w/ stick, OHS w/ empty bar

FSQ: bar x 1, 95 x 2 - deep, paused and exhaled.  I find myself really missing front squats.

Note to self - the bar weight is on my left hand more than it should be.  Right side is fine.  Tried focusing on driving left elbow forward today but need to remain mindful of this problem.

SQ:

95 x 3 - deep, paused and exhaled

135 x 5 - deep (probably 2-3" below parallel) but no pause or exhale

155 x 1 - start recording, good

175 x 1 - good

195 x 1 - good

215 x fail - possibly too low, also possibly too many ramp-up lifts.  155 x 1 was pretty pointless, probably could have gone 165, 190, 215, don't know if that would have helped.  Also probably sank warmups too deep, seem to have lost a bit of my feeling for proper depth.  Damn - not happy.

Onward and Upward, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment