Saturday, July 20, 2013

When Not To Lift

Perhaps the most important lesson an aging athlete can learn is when not to lift.

I've had a very busy week.  I had a great day lifting on Wednesday, but then had to spend a lot of Thursday and Friday sitting in bad chairs, hunched over playing the guitar through a couple of rehearsals and a performance.  Today is Saturday - I had thought about lifting again on Friday but my back was tired and sore from the Thursday night rehearsal, and today, my back was tired and sore from yesterday's performance.

I will very likely lift again tomorrow, Sunday.

Today, I slept late, stretched, walked, and took a nap.

I'm on a 3x/week program now, but if that gets spread out to 3 times in 8 or 9 or 10 days, that's cool.

Onward and Upward

No comments:

Post a Comment