Monday, July 29, 2013

Variety - Canoeing, Walk, plus Heavy Day: BP: 5 x 1-2-3, FSQ: 5 x 5 w/ bands, DL 245 x 10 reps x 2 set

Saturday - canoed for 2 hours on a windy lake

Sunday - played guitar in church

Monday - walked 2.5 miles or so on a hot, humid day, then had planned to start my ladder protocol but miscounted, then the phone rang, so the second set was where the actual planned protocol, started what I hope is Heavy Day, with medium and light to come on Wednesday and Friday.

BP: 135 x 5

FSQ: 135 x 2 - phone rang

Do below x 4 on short rest between rungs, 1:00 rest between lifts, 5:00 rest between circuits

NB: added mini band on each side of the bar for FSQ, can't tell much difference.

BP: 135 x 1-2-3
FSQ: 135 w/ mini's x 5

For last 2 circuits, doubled up the mini over the squat stand bottom, not anywhere near doubling, just make it perhaps 6-8 inches shorter - and I could at least feel it this time, which I couldn't the previous 2 sets

Next to the last set of squats, did a poor 2nd rep, hips shot up and I felt the load move to my lumbar spine.  Wasn't horrible and was able to fix it for the rest of the set without stopping.

DL: narrow sumo, touch and go - dl slippers for the first time in a long time, used RDC's - thinner sole than the ones I used to pull in.

right under, 245 x 10

I've been experiementing with grip - last session, full handed grip; this time, hooks of fingers

left under, 245 x 10 - grip getting tired but didn't give out. 



Onward and Upward

No comments:

Post a Comment