Thursday, January 19, 2012

My First Blog Post

From "Enter The Kettlebell" by Pavel Tsatsouline, Page 82:

"I was walking in the officers’ quarters with a Marine friend who had just returned from a tour in Fallujah. We had just worked out and had our shorts on. A passing-by jarhead buddy of his joked, “Are those your legs, or are you riding a chicken?!” Fighting men ride chickens (they don’t eat them). Got a problem with that?"

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am not a fighting man but I choose to ride chickens, to be strong and thin. A few months shy of my 57th birthday, I also want to be healthy in every way possible. Having received my first kettlebell and a copy of "The Russian Kettlebell Challenge" book and VHS video in 2001, I have been an RKC since 2003 and an RKC Team Leader since 2010. Along the way I've earned several gold medals and world records at AAU powerlifting meets in the 45-49 and 50-54 year old, 67.5 kg (148 lb.), raw class. I still weigh within 10 lbs. of what I weighed in high school and I intend to keep it that way.

A few weeks ago, I began another trip through the Rite of Passage in Pavel's "Enter The Kettlebell," a program that couldn't be simpler. Last weekend, I performed 5 ladders of 1-2-3 in the 24 kg kettlebell military press, supersetted with the same number of pullups with a 24 kg kettlebell hanging from my foot.

Going forward, I will attempt to post a summary of my training for anyone interested in following along. Today is Thursday, January 19, 2012, a "variety" day in my program. Another blog entry to follow about today's training.

No comments:

Post a Comment