Wednesday, January 25, 2012

ETK Medium - Press From Split, Video

Three video clips from today, links below

Warmup

- rolling supersetted with light and bw-only getups

- Press From Split, for video, click here, only a 16 kg but haven't done these in a while.

ETK Medium

Five Ladders of 1-2-3, two videos, links below

2 Presses + 2 Pullups @ bw + 24 kg - note that my shoulder comes up too much at the lockout. I watched this video and attempted to fix this problem during a later ladder although there are things I like better about the earlier sets - the presses look more solid to me. Here is the second press video:

3 Presses + 3 Pullups @ bw + 24 kg

Later: 2 x 16 kg pistol, 1 x 24 kg 1-leg DL - lats cramped on 1-leg DL's.


Notes on Strength and Hypertrophy

- It took me over an hour to do this. For pure strength and minimal gains in muscle size, I take my time, usually not resting between the rungs of one and two reps, but resting before the rung of three, and resting 5-10 minutes between ladders.

- I try not to rest between the presses and the pullups while still at this low volume, but on Heavy Day, I will likely rest between those things at rungs of three and of four.

- As we age, we don't need to worry as much about gaining muscle size for the simple reason that it's harder to do. Today's workout took less time than I would have chosen to use 10 years ago.

1 comment:

  1. What i do not understood is in truth how you're no longer really much more neatly-favored than you may be now. You are so intelligent. You know therefore considerably relating to this matter, produced me for my part believe it from so many various angles. Its like women and men aren't involved except it's one thing to do with Woman gaga! Your own stuffs great. All the time deal with it up!
    Amprobe AM-220 Red and Gray LCD Digital Multimeter

    ReplyDelete