Friday, July 26, 2019

DL, Press, WM

Last Wednesday, July 17, I did an Inman walk workout, then took a shower and taught a guitar lesson, and after first noticing my back was quite stiff, realized I'd put my back out, somehow.

It was a pretty unpleasant first few days, but I have righted the ship as of a few days ago. Tuesday, no symptoms at all. From Thursday through Monday, worked on stretching what was tight, but mostly on noticing how overtrained I'd become. The previous week saw a much higher frequency of Inman walks, albeit not a big increase in weekly volume, but I guess spreading out the volume cut into recovery in a serious way. That, plus a long drive in a car with a clutch on the Saturday before, plus some deadlifting, all conspired to overtrain my lower back.

Today, Thursday:

12 kg: MP x 5 + WM x 1, lf, and repeat. This is a "2 x 5" kind of press workout.

long break

Barbell BP: first in a while, bar x 4, 95 lb x 4, x 6 - settled on middle fingers on rings, wore Oly shoes in lieu of using blocks under my feet

DL: 115 kg on 3 board platform (2-1/4") x 12 singles on the :55

No comments:

Post a Comment