Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Light Day - In a Hurry

Monday was ETK Light Day but I was short on time - my wife was off and we had a planned day trip to PA to visit her parents. Here's how I executed my 5 x (1-2) plus swings:

0:00 - 1 press left, 1 press right, 1 pullup, took :30
1:00 - 2 presses left, 2 presses right, 2 pullups, took 1:00

3:00 - rung of 1
4:00 - rung of 2

6:00 - rung of 1
7:00 - rung of 2

9:00 - rung of 1
10:00 - rung of 2

12:00 - rung of 1
13:00 - rung of 2

This way, quite the opposite of my most recent Heavy Day, which took 2-1/2 hours, I was able to complete all the presses and pullups in 14 minutes.

I took a 5 minute rest, and did several sets of swings, 4 per arm, and didn't put the bell down until I hit about 25 reps total, which took about a minute, and then I was done for the day.

After going on about the benefits for strength without hypertrophy of taking a long time between rungs and ladders, today I did the opposite. The schedule above represents about equal amounts of time for work and rest. Life intervenes sometimes; I wanted the workout, so I did it more quickly than usual. Left to my own devices, I would have probably done the rungs of 1 and 2 together then taken 5-10 minutes between ladders.

Onward and Upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment