Monday, February 6, 2012

Heavy Day But No Time? Test Instead

My planned Heavy Day was Saturday but I had a 7-hour rehearsal. (Click to read about Ridgewood Jamboree, an annual, all-volunteer project in which my wife and I participate.)

The solution: Lift a day early, on Friday, and make it a test day.

The results:

28 kg press x 2 reps each side - not great, but I wasn't feeling 100%, either, and I'm happy with that.

Pullup @ bodyweight + 24 kg on right foot, 7 reps, which is a PR rep count for that weight and method of holding it.


On Saturday, what was supposed to have been heavy day, I did a few quick sets of 16 kg and 24 kg swings before leaving for rehearsal, and several splits, cossack stretches, and bodyweight pistols during breaks.

Mission accomplished - the coming week will be back to regular schedule, I hope. The rehearsals are the hard part, the upcoming performances should be easy in comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment