Monday, July 23, 2012

FSQ 2 Days in a Row, plus 16 kg snatches

Stick: shoulder dislocates and OHS

24 kg: press/pu, 3 - haven't done these in a while.  I noticed that I was cheating a little when pressing 28 kg (a 16 plus a 12)  over vacation, kicking my hip out to the side a little at the sticking point.  My focus today was getting tight and not doing that with 24 kg.  As usual, format was press 3 left, press 3 right, 3 pullups, this time on right foot, all paused at both ends.

FSQ: 135 x 2, 2, 2 w/ band around knees - did these yesterday but the weight is light and this feels PTTP-like - getting used to the movement through daily training at a "heavy enough but not too heavy" weight.

BP: bar x 3, 135 x 2, 2, 3, 4 - experimenting with grip width, narrower than ring fingers on rings starts to bother shoulder, seem to be able to gradually bring grip in throughout a workout, need to do that - did it backwards this time.

Long Rest

16: snatch, 20L+20R+15L+15R in 2:50 - was hoping to do 100 reps today, with additional 10+10+5+5 but didn't feel like it and didn't want to push things today - back still is less than 100% although better every day.

I need, in order to stay current with my RKC snatch test requirement, more cardio in my typical training week.  I think I'm going to try 5L+5R snatches on the minute with a 20 kg tomorrow instead of waiting a few days as I'd previously planned.

Because of my asthma, I have to take a slightly different approach to training cardio - pushing it at all gets me in trouble, so I have to save that card and play it only infrequently.  I can reach my goals through  easier training and higher volume but my snatch and swing volume has been low.  Mind you, my resting pulse is in the upper 40's even with this small amount of cardio, but they don't test your resting pulse, they count your snatches.  Going anaerobic is fine; it's going aerobic and towards lactate threshold for 3 minutes and up that makes the asthma kick in - at least that's how it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment