Friday, July 27, 2012

Easy, Low-Volume FSQ, BP, HLR

I had a FSQ/BP day two days ago, thought I'd have another today but was feeling pretty tired, and I've also had a touch of dizziness these last two days, so I decided to still do the lifts but easy.

FSQ: 135 x 3, 4

DB Bench:
35's x 4 - pause, exhale
35's x 5 - pause, no exhale

BP: 135 x 8, 135 x 5 - all paused, first set w/ middle fingers on rings, second set w/ ring fingers on rings.  I'm not sure that a narrower grip is ever going to be good for me - lockouts are easy, all my weakness is at the bottom, and the wide grip feels strongest.

HLR: I rigged up a board behind a chinup bar so that I couldn't lean back - my wife watched, and tells me I got past 90 degrees, and even past another 45 degrees after that, but it didn't feel terribly close to me.  I'm guessing it's not gut strength but back tightness that limits me in this but it's tough to say.  Really tried to hollow and round everything.  Did 3 singles, videotaped the last one, will try to post it later:

Then did 3 regular HLR's on a different chinup bar, ankles to bar - that's just so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment