Thursday, May 3, 2012

Back In The Saddle (Mostly)

Mon 30 April 2012

Trying to get back in the exercise saddle, making sure to keep pelvic floor up and tight

The Plan:  Mon = easy KB FSQ, heavy BP, volume DL, KB snatch test


Warmup:  walk 2 mi., rolling, 16 kg getups x 1 each way before phone rang

Below is a little sequence to try and help get my hips into my bent presses better

bw: windmill x 2 + bent press x 2
14: windmill x 2 + bent press x 2 - I like chaining these together

24/24: KB FSQ x 5 - easy, peasy, lemon squeasy

NB: Bench Press - I am thinking that I have no business having a "max" bench day - I need lots of 70%-ish volume, so that's what I'm going to do today to the extent I can, all paused on the chest.

BP: 110 x 5 (what was on the bar), 125 x 1, 145 x 2 (phone rang), 145 x 5 - this weight feels like my 24 kg kettlebell, heavy enough without preventing me from focusing on improving my technique by trying new things.

DL: on 3.5" platform, 225 x  5, 5, 5, 5, 5 - all overhand grip as usual

16: snatch, 25L+25R.  Videotaped, form was variously between "barely acceptable but ouch that doesn't look nice for your shoulders" and "barely OK."  Need to snatch more and with this weight for a while.  I used to be good at these <sigh>

Onward and Upward!


Tue 1 May 2012

The Plan: Tue = KB getup, windmill, bent press, jerk for skill, KB swing w/ heavier weight

Warmup - not much, walk to high school to deliver something to my son.

16: 2 alternating full getups each side.  Bent knee stays planted, torso moves 90 degrees.

16: windmill x 3 - hips felt tight, decided against bent presses this set

Cossacks to free hips, then try again

16: (windmill x 2 + bent press x 2) x 1

16: (snatch x 5, windmill x 2 + bent press x 2) x 1

32: swing 6+6 on the minute for 8:00, alternating lf/rf.  Was going to do 10:00, abs started feeling really tired so stopped, also was more explosive than last Saturday with these.


Wed, 2 May 2012

The Plan: Wed = 28 kg press/pu x 1-4 total reps, heavy SQ, volume BP, easy 1-leg KB DL or other DL variation

warmup - kicks, cossack sequence

Wed = 28 kg press/pu x 1-4 total reps, heavy SQ, volume BP, easy 1-leg KB DL or other DL variation

28: press/pu x 1, 1 - been a while

NB: Overhead Squat is a very, very good thing, always seems to make both my SQ and DL immediately afterwards work better.

OHS: stick x 3, bar x 1, 1

FSQ: 95 x 5, 115 x 4, 135 x 3, 155 x 1 - a good day.  I have no business having a really heavy day at this movement, either, but 155 isn't exactly heavy so this will suffice.

BP: 135 x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 - perfect weight, first rep of every set felt really light

24: 1-leg DL, lf, 2 - most comfortable and best form in a while

No cardio feels good today - could have done it, will hopefully do some good snatches tomorrow.


Onward and Upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment