Saturday, April 7, 2012

The New Plan - Taking Shape

Thursday, 5 April 2012 - Variety

A short walk, then 16 kg getups to hand or elbow, done in 2's per side. I finally figured out one thing that's been giving me grief when my left elbow is down - I "learned" from noticing what I did on the other side.

BP: 135 x 5, 5 - light day here

FSQ: bar x 5, 95 x 5 - in Chuck Taylors, just looking for form

DL: 225 x 5, then a single "rep" of moving the bar just off the floor and up and down over a few inches - mid-shin to just below knee or something like that.


Friday, 6 April 2012 - Variety

Warmup - some neck work, cossack sequence

BP: bar x 4, 135 x 6, 155 x 4, 2 - close to PTTP idea of 5-3-2

More neck work

Later:

18: snatch, 20L+20R in 1:49.


Saturday, the old Heavy Day, decided to do all three main lifts plus KB press/pu supersets w/ 28 kg

BP: 135 x 5, switched to thumbless, 4, 5, 4

FrankenSquat 105 x 1

FSQ 105 x 1, 2, 3 - looking for good form, slow, paused, full rest between sets

MP/PU superset: 28 kg: (1, 2) x 2 - better as they went

Surovetsky DL cycle after reading about Pavel's father's PR, guesstimating a 1RM of 300 lbs.

On a 3.5" platform:

DL: 245 x 3, 255 x 2, 265 x 1, 1, 1 - that was the plan and that's what I did. Felt good, weights moved a little slower as they got heavier and I got more tired but still pretty good by the last rep.

Onward and Upward!

3 comments:

  1. like it. I can see it taking shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch out for acronyms, unless you keep a glossary posted on the homepage.

    Thanks for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how to keep anything on the main page other than the description of the blog and my little bio. If you could tell me that, I'd gladly do it.

    Some of the abbreviations:

    MP = Military Press
    PU = Pullup

    BP, SQ, and DL are for the three powerlifts: bench press, squat, and deadlift. FSQ is Front Squat.

    FrankenSquat is a front squat performed with one's arms held straight out in front - it's a way to be sure your form, at least so far as bar placement and balance, is correct. A search on YouTube.com for Frankenstein Squat found this example:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XBD6CXCO6g

    -S-

    ReplyDelete